We’re renovating a farmhouse about an hour outside New York City and I’m so excited to be able to host friends there. I think I’m actually more excited about the guest rooms than any of the other spaces. The bedrooms won’t need any more renovations (the kitchen and bathrooms are still being worked on) so I’ve slowly started putting the rooms together.
We’ve partnered with Purple to share our tips for putting together a guest bedroom. Let us know what you’d add to the list.
1. Add a luggage rack to make it feel like you’re a professional host.
2. Make the bed with a comfy mattress and pillow from Purple! Side Note: Get 10% off your Purple orders with code OHD10 now through November 4, 2021.
3. Put water on bedside table and a chocolate on pillow so it feels like turndown service at a fancy hotel.
4. Steal a sprig from the yard to a touch of wild.
5. Add a card with WiFi and information about stay. It’s always so nice when you don’t have to ask.
6. Pick out books the guest would like from your library and leave in the room.
7. Always sleep in the guest room at least once to give it a dry run. You’ll notice if it gets cold, or you need blackout shades, etc.
This post is sponsored by Purple.
Styling and photography by Kate Jordan for Oh Happy Day.